Sunday, August 22, 2021

Chapter 5 - Passionate conversation #3


When I was studying 10th std., I had a great physics teacher who had been applying all the tricks to improve us. He was very good in communication. He explained the tough topics as well in a very simple manner. He was loving his students too much that he could not restrain himself not to handle them roughly when they did mischievous activities. He was a great motivator. Whenever he started taking a topic other than the subject I would be more excited to hear it. He was such a great motivator.

 One day when all the students were in a class room when the preparation for 10th Public exams were going on seriously. That was a special class extra hour which was being conducted in evening hours after school timings. He started giving a motivational speech. He would not just give some motivational tips and leave it to us to do further. He was spoon feeding us. He gave step by step approach towards success rather than just giving broader idea or repeated advices like “Study, study and study for the exams!”.

 He was interacting with us in a deep way so that he first understands the problem we faced and then started giving solutions not just ideal solutions which one cannot do but practical solutions which one can start doing easily. I had been applying his techniques for many days and was able to achieve many things in my life. I am very grateful to all the teachers I had in my lifetime. Good teachers not only teach something and leave alone. Good teachers do impart their teachings in the students’ mind like installing a software and upgrading the firmware. The students’ destiny is designed by the teachers. One of the passionate conversations happened that day.

 One of the students was asking, “sir, I could not wake up in the morning whatever I do. I feel too lazy to get up. What to do sir?”. For that he replied “Keep an alarm for waking up. At night itself decide and be determined to wake up at a specific time say 5 am. Once the alarm is on, do not switch it off (in those days only clock alarm was there, mobile phones were hardly found) Just open your eyes, stand up and start spot jogging! This will make your brain active in a matter of few seconds and hence you will not feel sleepy again. Once you are active enough refresh yourself like washing face, brushing teeth and then start reading. This will work for sure and it will become a habit if you follow this continuously for 21 days!”

 I do not know whether it worked for all. It worked for me. Hence, I added this one as well in my list of passionate conversations. Passion is innate. But activating them needs a motivation. If one gets a good teacher in his life, his passion would be kindled nicely so that the passion itself will drive him for the later part of his life to achieve bigger successes. I am very lucky to get such teachers in my schooling. Whenever I see movie “Saattai” or “Adutha saattai” by Samuthira Kani, I remember my beloved physics teacher. He was doing similar activities to make his students brighter and better.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 5 - Passionate conversation #3

When I was studying 10 th std., I had a great physics teacher who had been applying all the tricks to improve us. He was very good in commu...